Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Day of Love

I have to be honest. I have always really disliked Valentine's Day. I thought it was kind of cliche to spend a holiday showing the people you love just how much you love them because well, I thought you should always do that. Until last year when I received the best news ever! I woke up just not feeling like myself and somehow I knew I was pregnant. I took a test and it was confirmed. Happy Valentine's Day to us. HA! Somehow the news took me from not liking the holiday to going over the top...babies will do that right? I filled my husbands car with balloons that night with reasons why I love him all over them. I put rose petals all over the apartment. Spelled out BE MINE? on our bed in candy hearts and made a candlelit picnic in our dining room. Suddenly it was my favorite holiday.

Here we are last year. Best Valentine's Day present I've ever had. 

Those tests don't lie! 

I wanted to have lots of fun this year because now the holiday had meaning for me. I was excited to celebrate the day I found out about my little valentine. I may be a little bit of a last minute buyer. Okay I am most definitely that. So, that day we went shopping and bought some things for miss Abigail's first V-day. Then, we had a little Valentine's Day photo shoot.  After that we ate dinner and watched Hitch with family. And what is a holiday without the babe decked in holiday wear? Well, it isn't a holiday at all. Not in my book anyway.

Abbey's v-day goodies 


naked baby covered in kisses? Yes!

I'm in love with that little smile

Seriously...how cute?

Later that night my husband and I kept our nephew overnight so there was more fun to be had. We decided to build a fort in our living room and watch a movie. He was pumped, but I think my husband was more excited that he had a reason to build a fort. Love the kid in him! So I read "We Belong Together" to Abigail and put her to bed. Then, it was time to watch Ninja Turtles in our fort. 

Note: The book was not upside down. 
You are my cupcake is on the other side. Its a two in one book.


Our amazing blanket fort!

inside our fort 

And to leave you with the cute little faces of my favorite valentine! 


I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's day! 





















No comments:

Post a Comment