Friday, April 25, 2014

Daddy-Daughter Date

My husband has been working a lot of night shifts and I can tell that Abigail really misses him. She walks around saying daddy and looking at the front door. She loves some quality time with her daddy, so when I found out he had every night off this week I thought I would do something fun for them. On Tuesday nights I go to mutual for church since I teach the young women. I knew this would be a perfect night for them to have fun together. Nick was at work during the day so I spent the day setting up a date for him and Abbey. I made one of his favorite meals and dessert. I set up little stations of some of Abigail's favorite things to do with her daddy.

 I sent him this text to his phone:

He promptly responded with "Aww, of course!"

When he got home from work we met him at the door with an invitation Abbey had made for him. We blindfolded him and had him go to our room and change into the date shirt Abigail picked out herself. After that we led him into where everything was.

This is what he walked into:








I know that they both had so much fun. They both needed a night like this. I am so thankful that my husband is such an amazing daddy that our daughter looks up to him and loves being with him.  Daddy said she loved having 2 hours of his undivided attention doing all the things she loved. 



I love you two! You both deserve all the happiness in the world. I am so glad you have such a deep love for each other. It makes my heart melt. 



1 comment:

  1. That is so presious. What love they have for each other....

    ReplyDelete