Wednesday, March 5, 2014

December Recap

Oh. my. goodness. It has been wayyyy too loooong! I have a million excuses like I went home for 2 weeks, I started school again with 3 online classes, I am babysitting 3-4 children depending on the day, and I've been giving Abigail any of my attention when I have a free minute. When she is in bed you can find me sitting in front of a computer doing homework. Therefore, it is March and I am just now doing my December post. I am starting to have a routine and so hopefully I can get back to blogging more often considering I have a ton of posts to catch up on. Thanks for bearing with me.

This is what our December looked like!


Our December was busy, but I will just do the highlights. We went to see Santa and Abigail was terrified of him and then we made gingerbread nativities with our neighbors.

P.S. our tree was awesome! It looked like the charlie brown christmas tree hahaha. It looked so much fuller in the forest.











Christmas Eve we went to my friends house. ( I serve in Young Women's with her and she is amazing!) 
Then, we went home and read "Twas The Night Before Christmas to Abigail. After this she opened her daddy daughter gift. My dad started a tradition a long time ago where he would get me a special present from him and I got to open it on Christmas Eve. He still does it to this day and it makes me feel so special. Nick loved the idea and started it with Abigail. Of course since he is the biggest soccer fan EVER he got her her very own pink soccer ball and a goal. Now she can kick it in the goal and she throws her hands in the air and says "GOAL" its the cutest thing ever! After she went to bed Nick and I opened up the "Christmas Eve box" my parents had sent us and watched Arthur Christmas while drinking hot chocolate and eating popcorn. My daddy daughter gift was salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks…yep my dad is THEE best! 














Our closest family is 1200 miles away so our Christmas was just us 3 this year. It was fun to have our own little intimate Christmas, but of course we missed family.







Abigail's Christmas: 


The day after Christmas my husbands parents came for a week, which was so nice! And then I rode home with them and visited them for a week, and then my parents for a week. We had a lot of fun! Abigail loved Christmas and she was pro at opening gifts. She also loved going home and seeing all of her aunts and uncles and cousins. We flew home and she did sooo amazing. She didn't fuss once and I was so thankful because I had been stressing about it so much. I cannot wait to do her 16 month post because she has learned so much and is saying so much. She never ceases to amaze me.











 I hope you enjoyed! The pictures from our visit home are coming soon :)




2 comments:

  1. What a fun filled December! I love love love all of Abigails clothes, so cute!!

    ReplyDelete