Friday, May 31, 2013

Hiking/ Memorial Day/ New Car

I have said it before, but I'll say it again. My husband and I are always up for an adventure. We love being outdoors and we definitely love trying new things. I feel very blessed that Abigail loves being outside just as much as we do, if not more. Anyway when you look out of our living room window you  can see a mountain in the distance. My husband had been saying that mountain was taunting him haha so we decided to go climb it. I was less than thrilled when we started because for some reason I just wasn't in the mood that day. However after we started climbing I was super happy we decided to. It was so beautiful and Abigail loved every minute of it. I was glad I got over my bad attitude because the climb was very rewarding. It was like 87 degrees that day with a slight breeze and it was just perfect. The hike altogether was around 3 hours and by the end of it Abigail fell asleep, which was super cute in her carrier on daddy.














As you can tell by her face, Abigail LOVED it. It also wore her out haha. Now onto Memorial Day.

On Memorial day we got together with some friends and decided to grill out some hot dogs and then go fishing. After going to Wal Mart(which by the way was a complete madhouse) and getting the stuff we needed we headed to the park that my husband said had a grill(so he thought). There were no grills to be found at any parks in town so we decided to go to the sand dunes. Luckily we found a grill there and made our lunch. After eating lunch and hanging out for a little bit we went to a sweet fishing spot my husband had found when he was on his mission. It was a secluded area that we had to walk down railroad tracks to find. It was super pretty with a small waterfall and just a fun place to fish. None of us caught anything, but we still had fun! Then our friends took us to a little place that had gelato and custard mixed.. talk about yum! It was so good. Later that night my husband, myself, and Abigail went out to eat at Olive Garden. It was a fun little Memorial Day. And of course I can't do a post about Memorial Day without thanking all the men and women who have, are, and will serve our country. It is because of them that we have our freedom and I am so very thankful for that. They give up their precious family time, their fun and freedom, and sometimes even their lives so that we may enjoy all those things. God Bless every single one of them! 















Oh and I almost forgot some exciting news. My husband and I bought our first brand new car together. We traded in his 04 Hyundai Sonata and bought a 2014 Subaru Forester XT. We love it :)






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys are enjoying life in Idaho. I love the updates!

    ReplyDelete